Monday 23 January 2017

Mystery of Planet 9

How The Universe Works
Episode 1
Season 5
Mystery of Planet 9

http://www.hddocumentary.com/discovery-science-how-the-universe-works-series-5-mystery-of-planet-9-2016/

Summary:

Planet nine is the mysterious planet on the edge of our solar system that is ten times more massive than Earth. Where did this planet come from? Many simulations of how our solar system was formed have been created using super computers. This led to the discovery that the way our planets' mass is organized in a way that would not be possible without an other planet the size of Uranus. When this other planet was added to a computer simulation, it was discovered that it was ejected far away from our solar system becoming a rogue planet. This phenomenon is called planetary ejection. The ninth planet that scientists are attempting to study was not the one that was ejected as it was too small. However it is much too large to have formed on the edge of our solar system where there was so little mass to begin with. Could planet nine be a rogue planet itself? Scientists theorized that it was ejected from one solar system to ours. This is the current belief as to why we have a ninth planet. But is this really what happened?

Discussion:
This discovery will not affect us very much unless we somehow find a way to send humans or a probe that far. The only way it will change our lives is how we are taught the planets of our solar system. I do find this very interesting and it further inspires me to find a profession in this field. It inspires me because I like learning about what is around us and how our universe works. I like knowing how our planet was made, how it orbits the sun, why we have a moon and learning how my iPad that I am typing on came to be. I find space mysteries very interesting because they are fun to follow. I would like to learn more about this planet so I can know what is out there beyond our home. I hope one day I might solve the mystery of planet nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment